Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Never heard of it:




I was doing an image search for "bad 70's hair". I found the above 2 ads. I noticed they mentioned "Marantz". I didn't know exactly what "Marantz" was, so I did a search and found they were a company that made stereo systems back in the day. The stereo model featured was the 1974 MARANTZ 2325 MONSTER. I must say, even though it's outdated technology, I think it still looks pretty cool.

13 comments:

Caroline Bender said...

Looks like it was drawn by the people who animated Yellow Submarine

sunnydaze said...

Cool drawings. My ex-husband had a Marantz when I met him, just the big radio part, which looks alot like the one in the pic. I think he still has it. It is 70's, I'm sure and it is still a good piece of equipment. I'm sure it was high dollar, top quality back in the day.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

You may not believe this but I still mine!
<><

Amy, formerly known as Scandy! said...

I'm totally digging the artwork for the ads! Supe-uh groovy!

SkylersDad said...

I had a friend who had a Marantz while I was more of a Pioneer man.

Retro Hound said...

The technology isn't outdated! It's still great for high-quality stereo sound. Much better sound than an iPod can give you. For those few of us who care about sound quality.

joe said...

Caroline: Yeah it does. I find the top one rather disturbing, to be honest...

Sunny: This is the first time I ever heard of the name.

Noe: I believe you ;^)

Amy: Well, I still think they're a bit on the disturbing side, but if that's your "thing".....

Dad: Pioneer was good. I might do an image search for them.

Retro: I've never owned an iPod, so I can't say. I'll take your word for it..

Mnmom said...

Makes me remember icky boyfriends who were audiophiles and treated their stereos better than me. I always wanted to scratch their records.

joe said...

Can't say I blame you. You were too good for them. They didn't deserve you. Just sayin'..

Sans Pantaloons said...

I used to eye up a quad Marantz amplifier when I passed the audio shop in my college days. I could never afford it then.

joe said...

Don't worry Sans! I'll get you a Marantz. Of course, I may have to borrow a few bucks from Skyler's Dad..

grannyann said...

Didn't have a Marantz, still have a Sony reel to reel and I have a stereo in a huge piece of furniture made by SAAB.

Anonymous said...

Those 1970's Marantz receivers were pretty much "state of the art", in those days. I have and still use my mid 1970's McIntosh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails