Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Maraschino Cherries:


When I was a kid, I fell in love with Maraschino cherries. My folks bought them for their Manhattans, so I was only allowed a couple. When I asked for more they'd basically tell me that "I'd die if I ate the whole jar". I've lived on my own for 22 years, and I'm just realizing that to this day I've yet to buy a jar of maraschino cherries like subconsciously I'm convinced that I'd die or something because I shouldn't have them....

7 comments:

Kal said...

I always have these and olives in my fridge. You are right. It's a holdover from childhood.

joe said...

I guarantee when I go shopping tomorrow I'll totally forget the cherries..

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

We used to see if we could tie the stems in a knot with our tongue.
Yeah I know!
<><

Anonymous said...

I heard because of the high something in them...You could get cancer. That´s why Dad said I couldn´t eat the whole jar.

Hairball T. Hairball said...

So are all invited to come over on Saturday night to eat Maraschino cherries and play Monopoly? :)

joe said...

Noe: I saw a guy on tv do it. Keep trying!!

Anon: I think our folks weren't being totally honest..

Hairball: Sorry I'm busy that day ;^)

blueroc85 said...

I love them too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails