Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Misc. Remembrance:

When my folks split up in '76, mom and I used to go to the laundromat once a week. We did that for 2 years 'til she moved into a new house. Right next to the laundromat was a pizza restaurant, so we'd put the clean laundry in the dryer, then get a pizza next door. Seems like we went out to eat alot back then, not just laundry days. Once the new house was built, we didn't go to the laundromat anymore. I didn't miss the laundromat, but I really missed having that pizza every week.

7 comments:

Wings said...

Cool memory. Never know what is gonna stay with us.

Amy said...

hey there, don't know if you remember me but i use to have iluvretrothings blog, anyway I'm back so feel free to check me out :-)

joe said...

Wings: A free pizza is a free pizza..

Amy: Okay ;^)

Marissa said...

Jeez, the power of suggestion. I will definitely have pizza tomorrow for dinner. If not sooner.

joe said...

When I get a pizza I get a large. So I'll have a few slices left over for breakfast the next day.

Sunnydaze said...

Nice memory. Pizza is my absolute favorite food. I always order a large, too, to ensure leftovers. :D

joe said...

That's really the only way to do it..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails