Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, June 03, 2011

1978:

I had the above, but I bought it at a bookstore while on vacation, and not through Scholastic. Apparantly they're pretty rare; they're not often listed on ebay, and the one or two that do get listed are never complete and are often missing the poster. Dynamite had a few other large special editions, some of which I had. I was a huge Dynamite fan back in the day.

5 comments:

Retro Hound said...

I love how they used every typeface (now called font) at their disposal! What a great thing to have, I don't remember having one of those myself.

Dex1138 said...

Oh man I could not wait to get the monthly Scholastic catalogs! I hope more issues of Dynamite find their way online, there's far too few of them out there.

Ally said...

I loved Dynamite. I blogged about this a long time ago. It was one of my faves. I always had to order it.
FourthGradeNothing.com

steps to self hypnosis said...

I'm a huge fan of dynamite as well!

lazlo1988 said...

I remember Scholastic books, and getting Dynamite magazine. I remember my parents bought me several books and items as a surprise one time. There were several issues of Dynamite magazine, a book of Peanuts comic strips, "The Ghost of Windy Hill," and a few other things. Very cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails