Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

He's so hungry he can eat a wagon wheel...

... Bang, bang, bang! Oh! Howdy Partner! Time for Timer! Do you ever get that hungry feeling after school? Boy, I do! I'm so hungry, I could eat a wagon wheel! ..... (starts to sing) When I'm slow on the draw and I need something to chaw, I hanker for a hunk of cheese! When my ten gallon hat's a-feelin' five gallons flat I've got something planned, which is Little cheese sandwiches! Come on! Here's a great little snack to tide you over till dinner! If you want something that's delicious and nutritious, cheese is a super snack! Look! A wagon wheel! When my get up and go has got up and went, I hanker for a hunk of cheese! When I'm dancin' the hoedown and my boots kinda slow down, Or anytime I'm week in the knees, I hanker for a hunk of, A slab, a slice, a chunk of, A snack that is a winner, And yet won't spoil my dinner! I hanker for a hunk of cheese! Ya-hoo!

12 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Time for Timer!

lazlo1988 said...

I remember the ABC Saturday morning "informational" cartoons for kids. There was another that featured a put-together-food item called a "Saturday," and another one which implored kids "dont drown your food!"

(I seem to remember that a potato was drowned in sour cream. "Oh what a shame.") :)

hobbyfan said...

Don't ya wish ABC still ran these spots, or loan them out to Disney Channel?

joe said...

All: So does anyone have any clue just what Timer's supposed to be? So far, nobody I've ever asked could tell me..

Marco said...

I'm sure he was partly inspired by your post on 6/12/2011 at 10:51am.

lazlo1988 said...

According to Wikipedia, the source of all knowledge:

"Timer, a tiny (often ranging on microscopic) cartoon character who represented the sense of "time" in the human body. Timer was in charge of when a person felt it was time to eat, time to sleep, etc. He carried a large pocket watch inside of him, which would often set off an alarm whenever something was about to happen."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_for_Timer

In other words, kind of like Big brother and the tooth fairy all in one.

http://retroawesomeness.blogspot.com/

ChiTown Girl said...

My sister and I still sing this crazy song, especially to our kids, cuz it drives them crazy! hahaha!! They just don't get it, and they certainly don't know what they're missing! Saturdays used to ROCK when we were kids. It kinda makes me sad that it's gone.

joe said...

Marco: You're sure who was inspired by my post???? I'm not surprised that I repeated myself, I do it all the time. I'm chronic that way.

Thanks Lazlo!

Chi: Yeah I can't get it out of my head either.

Sunnydaze said...

I LOVE THIS! I goof around and sing it to my daughter sometimes and she just looks at me like I'm nuts. I agree with Chi - Saturdays rocked when we were kids. Remember the Archie's cartoons? I freakin' loved them.

Marco said...

Sorry Joe, I knew that didn't come out clearly... After I reread my post.

What I meant to say was that I'm sure the creators for timer were probably "experimenting" with various "substances" when they designed him/her/it.

Marco said...

And I was referring to a post you did after posting this one. The one with the cat :)

joe said...

aLOT of substances, I'm sure ;^)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails