Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Random:

In the mid '70s, I had a Slip 'N Slide. It didn't really work that well; I never slid more than 3 feet at a time. In the mid '70s, my friends had a Slip 'N Slide. It didn't really work that well; we never slid more than 3 feet at a time. These things really sucked, in my opinion....

8 comments:

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I guess it's best we never had one. Those commercials made it look so amazing, though. Didn't those kids slide the length of a football field? Talk about false advertising.

joe said...

A little creative marketing on Madison Avenue's part... or just plain lying..

JSusskind said...

My parents were so cheap they wouldn't even buy me a Slip 'n Slide. I had to make do with an old shower curtain and a hose.

joe said...

Don't feel too bad. You didn't miss much.

Anonymous said...

what? slip n slide was one of the greatest toys ever! maybe yours was defective. we would slide all the way down mine and then off the end onto the grass and mud. those things tore the h e double hockey sticks out of the lawn which did not please my pop!

blueroc85 said...

My cousin and I didn't get the real slip and slide....my grnadparents set up the poor man's version which consisted of some thick red landscaping plastic and a lawn sprinkler from the garden. It worked pretty good though, and we played with it all summer long.

FilmFather said...

We just bought one for our kids, and now they come with a little inflatable stopping wall at one end, plus holes all down the side so the hose you plug into it can keep it constantly wet. I mean, where's the fun in that? [sarcasm/jealousy]

New review at FilmFather: Cars 2
Follow me on Twitter

joe said...

Well all I know is mine sucked

Related Posts with Thumbnails