Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

1974 Madness
(What were we thinking?????)

Back in late June of 1974, my grandfather Joe was employed as a custodian of a Taunton elementary school. Because school was almost out for the summer, the school system gave my grandfather three or four milk crates stocked with milk in those little milk cartons that were served at lunchtime. There must have been 60 or 80 of them, and my grandfather in turn gave them to my dad. Dad came home and they were back in the bed of his pick-up truck. He went inside, and me and my friends were hanging out outside. We ended up opening every single container and poured them into the bed of the pick up truck. We didn't tell him we did it, and it sat overnight and curdled. I've never smelled anything so bad. The truck stunk for over a week, to this day I can still smell it.