Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Memorable lines from 70's commercials

These are just a few that I remember:

  • "Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce. Special orders don't upset us. All we ask is that you let us serve it your way."
  • "You've got ring around the collar."
  • "You deserve a break today."
  • "When I bite into a York peppermint patty, I get the sensation of....."
  • "Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!"
  • "Hey, you got your chocolate in my peanut butter!"" No, YOU got YOUR peanut butter in MY chocolate!"
  • "I'd like to build the world a home, and furnish it with love - grow apple trees and honey bees and snow white turtle doves. I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony, I'd like to buy the world a coke and keep it company."
  • "Please don't squeeze the Charmin!"
  • "My baloney has a first name, it's O-s-c-a-r, my baloney has a second name it's M-e-y-e-r. Oh I love to eat it every day and if you ask me why I'll say, 'cause Oscar Meyer has a way with b-o-l-0-g-n-a! How's that?"
  • "You're soaking in it."-Madge from Palmolive
  • "Calgon, take me away!!!!!!"
  • "I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and never never never never let you forget you're a man, 'cause I'm a woman."
  • "Nothing gets between me and my Calvins."
  • "Hershey is the great American chocolate bar."
  • "Raisins, nature's candy."
  • "That's funny, Frank never has a second cup at home......"
  • "Lee-ee-ee-ee-ee-vi's!"
  • "Thanks, Mr. Easter Bunny!"
  • "With milk chocolate that melts in your mouth, not in your hands."
  • "Double your pleasure, double your fun."
  • "Just a sprinkle a day helps keep odor away."
  • "It's not NICE to fool Mother Nature!"
  • "Oh I wish I were an Oscar Meyer weiner, that is what I'd truly like to be. For if I were an Oscar Meyer weiner, everyone would be in love with me."
  • "One day, I woke up with a big pimple, I was upset, I had to get, something with benzoyl peroxide, something strong, and something fast. Stridex BP was the thing for me! Stridex BP, it dried my pimple fast. Stridex BP (it works so hard), Stridex BP (it works so fffaaasssssstttttt!!!!!). Try it and you'll see that nothing beats Stridex BP!"