Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Aqua Velva:

My father used to wear this stuff. I loved the smell of it back then. I told myself I was going to use it when I got older, only to find that when I did get older, I liked growing a beard ....

7 comments:

grannyann said...

That gave me a chuckle

Max Reddick said...

Yeah, I remember this stuff. Got some and bathed in it. Only did I realize how much it repelled the young ladies as opposed to attracting them like flies.

joe said...

The chicks didn't like it??? Maybe it's because you used too much.. Try it again.

joe said...

Thanks Ann!

Wendel said...

Your father wore it because you gave it to him.

Nobody ever bought this stuff themselves. It was always the standard Christmas gift for dad.

I got mine the four bottle deluxe set back in 1972.

We haven't talked much since.

joe said...

Actually, mom got it for him, for me to give as a father's day gift. We don't talk much these days either... ;^)

Quadra said...

Like all "fogey" products, this brand is marketed today as hip.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails