Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, November 27, 2009

String Art:

String art was somewhat popular back in the day, probably up to '78. Some of it was good (some of it). Only one guy I know did it, and he was pretty good. I got a kit for Christmas and just never got the hang of it. What a waste of $5 that was..

17 comments:

Wings said...

My mom did two of these back in the 70s, one of a ship and one of a couple of owls.

joe said...

How'd they look?

joe said...

They couldn't have turned out any worse than the one I did. I mean, she can't be that bad..

grannyann said...

I remember those but I don't remember doing any.

joe said...

So do you ever find these at garage sales?

Max Reddick said...

I remember doing string art. I kinda went string art crazy at one point.

Scott said...

I never tried string art but did a not of simple macrame projects like key chains hanging plant holders. I only knew one or two knots but I had a blast.

joe said...

Max, I had a friend who was really into it also. His parents used to put them all over their walls.

Scott, I did a plant hanger too. I only knew one knot, however. I guess I pretty much sucked at that, as well as the string art..

Retro Hound said...

I love cars so someone gave me one of these that was to be a design of car when I was a kid. I had it for YEARS in the box when I finally gave it away in high school. I don't think I'd ever done more than open it and look at all that string.

joe said...

Yeah they always looked great on the box..

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

they made us do that in art class. I felt so grandma-ish.

joe said...

You??? Grandma-ish??? No way!

blueroc85 said...

I did a couple in art class in the late 80's...I liked it!

joe said...

I tried and failed miserably. Although I guess I already said that... well, I don't mind admitting it.

sunnydaze said...

We had several ships that my mom made hanging in our living room for years when I was a kid. I didn't realize that these were that popular.

Musiclover2 said...

I sure wish I could find these cuz I did many of them back in the 70's and have been telling my children about them. I did a kick butt one with a mushroom and butterfly

joe said...

I bet you could find a couple of sets on eBay. They were so many sets that I'm sure there are still lots around that never got used

Related Posts with Thumbnails