Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, November 05, 2009

L'eggs:

Mom used to get these. I don't think they sell them anymore. She used to give me the eggs to play with, but really how many things can you do with a plastic egg.. I remember an episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rhoda was having a bad day, then she said "... and to top it all off, I bought a pair of pantyhose and the egg was empty"...

14 comments:

Wings said...

Yeah... I had more Eggs to play with then I knew what to do with!

joe said...

The coolest ones were the ones that were kind of 'chromed'. But still what do you do with a chromed egg.

teri said...

they still sell the pantyhose, and I think the eggs are still available.

grannyann said...

I was still buying them a few years ago when I was still working. They just don't come in the egg anymore.

joe said...

When I was about the age in my profile pic, I was in the living room with mom as she was folding the laundry that just came out of the dryer, and when I saw how tiny those pantyhose were, I laughed uncontrollably... I don't know why, but I found it incredibly hillarious for some reason..

champagnejayne said...

They still make the pantyhose, but not the egg here in the US. ( they haven't since I graduated HS in '91) I remember my friends and I used to put the eggs in our shirts, to look like we were, well, "mature".

blueroc85 said...

My mom did the same as Joe's. We had a bunch of those eggs floating around the toy box.

joe said...

Jayne: Um, you still don't do that, do you??? That's okay, we're all friends here. We'll still support you..

Blueroc: and did you ever use those eggs for anything?? Like jayne did?? Or maybe still does???

blueroc85 said...

No...I did not use the eggs as Jayne did. I don't remember what I did with them exactly, but I know it wasn't that....never needed any help in that dept ;)

joe said...

haha just asking ;^)

Freida Bee, MD said...

It always come back to Rhoda, doesn't it? (sigh...)

joe said...

Does it??? Am I a closeted Rhoda-obsessed roadie??? Am I that bad????

Hairball said...

You guys are cracking me up!!

Kim said...

Mom used to use the eggs for easter candy. Wow, what a memory!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails