Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Audrey Rose:

Read this in the late '70s, saw the movie on tv later. It was a pretty good story; It was about a young girl who died in an auto accident and was re-incarnated. Let's just say it didn't end well, nobody really came out ahead in this one. Btw, is it just me, or does the girl on the cover look exactly like Brooke Shields?

7 comments:

Sunnydaze said...

I remember seeing this book around when I was a little kid and it scared the hell out of me even thogh I never readit or saw the movie. Yeah - she does look like BS.

Dolly the Bird said...

I never read the book, but I remember seeing the film on HBO or something as a kid....and it scared me to death. Great movie, almost as good as The Changling, which is from about the same time. There were so many good thrillers/creepies/ghosties still being made in the late '70s and early '80s...then those darn slashers took over.
And you're right about the girl on the front cover. It looks amazingly like Brooke Shields, sans Calvins.

joe said...

I wonder if Brooke was the model, whether sh knew it or not.. and whether she got paid for it or not...

Caffeinated Joe said...

Never read the book nor saw the flick. But you are right, she does look like a young Brooke.

joe said...

The book was better than the movie. I think.

Robin Eduardo said...

One of my very favorite books and film! I was even talking about this one the other day with my daughter! Would love to see it again.

joe said...

I don't know why they illustrated her as looking so evil on the cover. She was such a nice little girl...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails