Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Elvis, Elvis, let me be... keep that pelvis far from me:

I know I'm a day or two late of the anniversary of his passing, but I'm not always great on timing. I sort of remember when he died, back in August of '77. I didn't really feel one way or the other, because Elvis was my parents' generation. The only thing I really knew of him was from a couple of Elvis Christmas Albums my folks had. Still, even though I was never really a fan, it's a shame the way he ended up. That seems to be the way the truly good ones go out: Elvis, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Amy Winehouse, Michael Jackson. It's so sad, so unnecessary, and such a waste.

3 comments:

Sunnydaze said...

I love looking at the old pics of him - he was so beautiful. I agree about the waste. You know how the song goes, "If there's a rock 'n roll heaven, you know they got a hellova band".

Lu Ann said...

Hi, I wasn't sure where to leave a general comment, but in my opinion, Elvis is always a fine 'place' to stop! My mother hated him, which I thought was strange, but I seemed to have been born loving him.

Loved looking through your blog, it was a great look back. Thanks for sharing your memories. The tv shows and toys - oh how fun!

From a 70s girl, I also recall the Dancerina doll (I had a blonde doll in blue) and my sister had a Cher doll. We shared an Easy Bake Oven (until my parents divorced). Did you have a candy store across the street from school? It was common in Chicago, and we often got penny Swedish fish and Wacky Wafers. mmm.

joe said...

I always wanted an Easy Bake. I'd have loved to make my own pies and cakes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails