Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, August 06, 2011

The Nature World Of Capt. Bob:

In the early '70s, when I'd visit my grandparents in Chatham on Cape Cod, my grandfather and I would always be the first up. He'd sit in his chair and read The Cape Cod Times, and I'd watch the above. Papa told me he went to school with Captain Bob when he was a kid, and I didn't question it. Whatever. I tried to follow along with Bob, but my drawings never really came out the way they were supposed to. Usually about halfway through I'd throw away the drawing and start drawing something else; as a kid, I never was one to finish what I started...

8 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

I was looking this up on the Net myself a few months ago! Felt like no one remembered it but me. I was always the first up in my house, and on weekends this was one of the shows I watched. Never was able to get a good drawing out of me, but it was fun. Do you remember Jabberwocky, too?

joe said...

Yup, and I remember that puppet named Frank who was basically a dirty, hairy, hippy. He had these sort of Rasputin, drugged-out eyes..

Caffeinated Joe said...

I didn't remember his name, I thought he was called Jabberwocky! I need to see if I can find a pic. Thank you for remembering so I know I'm not insane.

joe said...

Good luck with that. I've been trying to find a pic and all I get are the illustrations from the Lewis Carroll poem. I don't think many people remember this one.

joe said...

... and there was a woman on the show whose name was Fran. I forget all the others..

Caffeinated Joe said...

Dude!

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B8Vt_qAwVc

joe said...

Hey that's awesome. I never thought to check youtube.

joe said...

'74 was a great year

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails