Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

True:


In 1977, when Pop Rocks candy first came on the scene, there was a rumor that if you ate these and drank soda at the same time, your stomach would explode....

17 comments:

Hairball T. Hairball said...

Yup. Somehow I survived doing this.

joe said...

Really? I never could bring myself to try it...

grannyann said...

I had heard that. I am sure also that my kids probably tried it. Since they are walking around I assume it was an old wives tale.

joe said...

Yeah but I fell for it. I had a feeling it wasn't true, but still..

Miss Alex said...

I myself am too chicken to try it and see... Nope. Still wont try it.

Hi by the way :)

Mnmom said...

Isn't that the way Mikey the Life Cereal kid supposedly died??

Anonymous said...

I was about to say the same thing about Mikey

Marissa said...

Joe - Happy Birthday! And Merry Christmas. I wish you the best in 2010.

Just think, by the time we wrap up the next decade, we'll be in our early 50's (yikes).

Retro Hound said...

Yeah! I remember that!

Sans Pantaloons said...

I used to pop the candy followed by a glass of single malt. I was nine years old.

I also lived in a shoebox and rubbed gravel into my hair for breakfast.

Happy Birthday Joe!

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Joe, I couldn't try it either ... Happy Holidays!!

joe said...

Hey Miss Alex. Wishing you a merry Christmas and a much better new year.

MnMom: He died??? For really? I didn't know that. Of course, if you're making it up I can't believe anything you say from here on... ;^)

Anon: Then it must be true. And he was such a cute kid, too.

Marissa: Yikes is right..

Retro: So did you ever try it??

Sans: It must be a Scottish thing.. you know, being a 9-year-old alcoholic..

Jim: Hope you and the family have a great Christmas season. (c:

Hairball T. Hairball said...

Happy Birthday, Joe!

Marco said...

Happy Birthday Joe, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone too.

joe said...

Thanks guys!

SUZY8-TRACK said...

I remember that Mikey from the Life cereal commercials supposedly died from this, but many years later, he was on some TV show talking about it and how funny he thought the whole thing was.

joe said...

Then there was the rumor that the girl that played Buffy on 'Family Affair' died in a fire, but it was really a drug overdose. Who starts these rumors anyway???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails