Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee..

You walked into the party Like you were walking onto a yacht - Your hat strategically dipped below one eye, Your scarf it was apricot. You had one eye in the mirror As you watched yourself gavotte, And all the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner.

11 comments:

On Smash said...

I really love this song. Carly Simon did this song live on SNL back in the 70s and guess who was playing the cowbell...Chevy Chase. I like to think that was where Will Ferrell got the idea.

joe said...

Yeah it might have been.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Someone once asked me who sang backup in this song, at the time I did not know. Well known singer. Cow bell skit on SNL was classic!

grannyann said...

I swear he has on that hat the soloist at Obama's inauguration wore. Remember, can't think of her name but her hat was quite the topic that day and this guy has it on!!

joe said...

Sorry Jim, didn't see that one.

Ann: Aretha Franklin, I believe..

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Joe - how about the person who sang back up to the song?

joe said...

Who did sing the backup? I don't know.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I was told it was Mick Jagger, I thought that was sort of interesting ...

joe said...

Hey I didn't know that.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

love some Carly!
<><

joe said...

I liked her until about '81, then I didn't really care for her music after that. But the 70's wouldn't have been complete without her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails