Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random:

Recently I came across the abstract for my property here in upstate New York. I looked through the all the enclosed deeds, and saw the earliest-recorded deed for a Mister Scott G. Boyce, dated November 9, 1896, for the purchase of my property (which, at the time, included over 91 acres of land), for a sum of $50. It was recorded on March 22nd, 1897.

9 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

WOW! that is awesome.
my husband bought this place 20 yrs ago. (60 acres). He paid more for his pickup truck!
<><

joe said...

People pay more these days at a restaurant..

grannyann said...

what a deal. I need to really look through mine one of these days.

joe said...

Why somebody would pay fifty bucks for this dump I'll never know...

Retro Hound said...

That is cool. I do genealogy and love this kind of stuff.

Marissa said...

Neat! Jeez, I bet your mailbox on the property costs more than 50 bucks.

PS - the "word verification" I have to type to comment is derierpu. Butt poo??

joe said...

Retro: there were alot of different names on various deeds since then. somebody paid $2500 for it somewhere in the 1940's.

Marissa: go with the first one. ;^)

jp said...

Lucky you. My house was built in 1960 after a big piece of property was broken into individual lots and sold to make a streetful of houses. I'm only the second owner, so any history before 1960 probably only involves deer and squirrels.

joe said...

I've had a few squirrels in the house over the years.
and a bat..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails