Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Does anyone remember....

... the plastic Burger King hand puppets that BK used to give away by the thousands back in the day?? I believe they used to keep whole piles of them on the counter, right next to the paper crowns; and they didn't care if you took 20 of them, they just wanted to unload them.

8 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Remember them well! Always would get one, and my brother would, too. And they would end up lost in no time!

Sunnydaze said...

OMG! I totally forgot about these. I LOVED THEM!!!!

joe said...

I'd grab one and it'd hold my interest for about 5 minutes. But still everytime I went to a BK I'd grab a new one. Never did get into the paper crowns, though

J.A. Morris said...

Yes, I probably still have one of those "puppets" up in my attic!

FilmFather said...

I had one of these as a kid...until I got "experimental" and melted it on the light bulb of one of our living room lamps. How I didn't sizzle my hands as well, I'll never know.

Ah, the '70s...

Read my interview with Cowboys & Aliens star Brendan Wayne here!
Follow me on Twitter

joe said...

JA & FF: Sounds like you got more use out of them than I did

Anonymous said...

I had plastic Banana Splits puppets. I can't remember if they were a burger promotion or cereal.

joe said...

Hmmm, I'm not sure either. I'm not certain if BK did promotions for other characters back in the day. I thought BK pretty much promoted themselves.

Related Posts with Thumbnails