Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hoodsie cups:

In the early '70s, mom used to buy Hoodsie cups. She would buy the variety pack, which included chocolate and strawberry. I loved the chocolate ones, but hated the strawberry ones. I kept telling her this over and over, but still she kept buying the strawberry ones. I swear she did that on purpose, just to be spiteful..

6 comments:

Dex1138 said...

I still hate the taste of wooden "spoons" to this day

plastic cards said...

i was born 1971.
time is running out

joe said...

I don't know why my folks made me eat it with the wooden spoon.. a regular spoon would've been better.

PC: Well it's not like your life is over. Yet.

Sans Pantaloons said...

We didn't have Hoodsie, but similar ice cream cups. I used to chew the wooden spoon. Still do.
For a while I remember ice cream in a plastic container the shape of a soccer ball, about the size of a tennis ball.
Just thought I'd mention that, even if it is of no interest whatsoever...
Joe, isn't there a pic of you eating ice cream as a child?

Caffeinated Joe said...

Maybe Mom liked the Strawberry ones herself?

We have Hoodsie cups in our freezer right now. :)

joe said...

SP: well I'll look...

CJ: I didn't know they still make them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails