Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Misc. remembrance:

One of the highlights of our weekly trips to my grandparents' house in Chatham in the mid-'70s was the Friday night band concerts in the park. We'd get into town around 7:00 pm, my grandfather would give me and my cousin Dee Dee a couple of bucks to spend at the Ben Franklin 5-and-dime, and then we'd stay at the concert from around 8 to 10. We all enjoyed it. Once my grandmother had a few too many, and she attempted to crawl under the rope surrounding the gazebo to dance with my grandfather, and the rope caught her wig and yanked it off. She was a pretty good sport about it though, but then again after 6 gin-and-tonics, she never got too upset about anything...