Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Fact:

In 1974 I could have lived on Suzy Q's.

13 comments:

Karen said...

Ha! The Suzy-Q was a staple snack at our house in the 70s (along with Ring Dings and Devil Dogs). I fondly remember cutting out and collecting those trading cards, too.

I would still eat them today if not for the "beef fat" used in the cream filling (that's a no-no for my vegetarian diet)!

Caffeinated Joe said...

I loved them, too. And still do. It is pretty much the one totally-not-good-for-you snack cake I will occasionally buy.

joe said...

Beef fat? In cream filling? Yuck.

CJ: I haven't bought these in years. I was thinking of getting a box, but now after learning about the beef fat, I'm not so sure..

betty & wilma said...

my faves were the ding dongs and ho-ho's... lol

joe said...

I thought the cupcakes were pretty good too

Karen said...

Ooo, yes! Loved the cupcakes, too! I always had to peel off the frosting in one complete sheet and eat it last! Sadly, those have beef fat in the cream filling, too. :|

Jeff Sparkman said...

Frozen Suzy-Qs were good after you let them thaw a tiny bit.

joe said...

I used to really love them until Karen totally ruined it for me...

Karen said...

Sorry kids! Didn't mean to ruin your snacking experience with my beef fat expose! Now, who wants to hear about what's in hot dogs? ;)

joe said...

Hahaha you don't need to. I gave those up long ago ;^)
I was thinking: they make veggie burgers, but I don't think I've ever seen a veggie hot dog..

Karen said...

Oh, veggie hot dogs, or "not dogs" as I like to refer to them, are out there. But, the only way they are palatable is by smothering them in sauerkraut/mustard/relish, etc.

joe said...

I'll pass for now..

Ally said...

i totally loved suzy q! sooo bad, yet soooo good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails