Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Air Hockey:

Sometime around '74 we got a set, which ironically is the year the above was taken (for the record I have no idea who that is. It's not my pic, I found it in a random image search, but it was dated). A childhood friend also got one that same year. These always ended up in people's basements, which I guess would be natural because they just don't seem to belong in a living room. We never really played it much because I hated it; I didn't like the game because I always lost - I really sucked at air hockey.

4 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

We didn't have air hockey, but we DID have bumper pool. How 'bout you?

Jack said...

I never had air hockey. Played it a couple of times and didn't much care for it; winning and losing seemed to be based on luck of the bounce. But a decade before, I had one of the tabletop hockey games with the rods under the "ice" that controlled the little players up top, and I was the most popular kid in the neighborhood until that broke!

joe said...

Mom got a bumper pool table in the mid '80s. I loved it.

Jack: Had that one too but couldn't find a pic. It was a "Peanuts" set with Snoopy, Charlie Brown, etc. playing hockey. I played that one alot, it was one of my faves. still looking for a picture though..

Cory Dzbinski said...

Jack, on the surface it would seem like winning and losing is based on the luck of the bounce, but it couldn't be further from the truth. That's why the same guys win world championships over and over every year. Check out some knowledgable resources:

http://www.proairhockey.com
http://www.airhockeyworld.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails