Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Romper Stompers:

One of my first major let-downs, when the actual product failed to live up to the marketing hype. They looked like so much fun on tv. I thought they'd make me alot taller. And then when I was told I wasn't allowed to use them on the stairs, well I just totally lost interest...

8 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

I always hated that they hurt my feet!

ChiTown Girl said...

I believe we had every single toy pictured in that ad. How funny. I always loved that goofy punching clown. :)

joe said...

CJ: I guess alot of kids had romper stompers. I don't remember them hurting my feet, though. do you have big feet??

CTG: I think I had the punching clown too but not sure..

apemanbela44 said...

For my oldest's 7th birthday 2 years ago, some friends of ours made him some "romper stompers" the old-fashioned way using coffee cans and rope. They got an awful lot of play and have held up well.

No stairs in our house either. ;)

joe said...

If I had a kid and saw them using these on stairs I'd have a heart attack

Carole said...

Thanks for your comment on Ozymandias. Have a great week.

Cindy said...

We definitely had the romper stompers. The clown looks crazily familiar, too :)

joe said...

Carole: ;^)

Cindy: He also came as a jack-in-the-box toy. I had that too. I had alot of stuff..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails