Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Question:

So which phone did you choose in '79??? I really wanted that Mickey Mouse phone, but it never happened - not that I had anyone to call back then anyway, being 11 years old...

5 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

One of my best friends had the Mickey phone. She was (is!) Disney obsessed. I had piano phone, but not until I was in high school, when my boyfriend bought it for me. :)

joe said...

My folks had a rotary phone until '86. They're really resistant to change..

Janet said...

Well, back then, touchtone service was more expensive than rotary service, which is why my parents wouldn't switch for a long time. I remember developing a very good dialing technique for call-in radio contests.

I finally got rid of my land line just yesterday, and am a little sad I can't use my old rotary phone any more.

joe said...

I didn't know that (about it being more expensive). And also, you've been using a rotary phone until just recently? I haven't seen one of those in decades. In '85 my brother had a friend over to our house, and he had to use the phone. They gave him the rotary phone and he didn't know how to use it.... ..

Janet said...

Well, I haven't had one all these years -- I bought an old rotary off ebay 5 or 6 years ago and hooked it up. Now it will serve in a purely decorative capacity.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails