Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Misc. Remembrance:

Back in the day, when we'd visit my grandparents in Chatham Massachusetts, there was always one night that we'd go and get ice cream at the local Dairy Queen, then they'd take us kids to the trampolines in Harwich. I believe it was in the summer of '76 when my cousin Dee Dee and I were there. I was in line before Dee Dee so I got to go first while she had to wait for an available trampoline. I was jumping on the trampoline next to the one with the arrow, and the guy on that trampoline with the arrow was a guy in his 20s with a long ponytail and a beard, and he was doing flips (I think he was pretty stoned). Back then there was no blue cover padding the edges and the springs were exposed. He did one final flip and mis-judged his landing, and landed face first on the springs and the concrete edging and got knocked out. They had to take him away in an ambulance. He got hurt pretty bad, he probably broke his nose and fractured his face. He bled so much that most of the trampoline was soaked in blood. After they took him away, the attendants just sprinkled some powder on it, and since that was the next available trampoline my cousin Dee Dee had to use it. Sucked to be her.