Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Clueless:

When I heard "Bad Girls" for the first time, I was 11 years old. I had no idea she was singing about prostitutes. I thought she was singing about a bunch of girls who were staying out late past their bedtimes without their parents' permission. And for the life of me I couldn't figure out why they were asking strange men for money; although if I'd seen the album cover at the time I probably would've figured it out..

3 comments:

lazlo1988 said...

" I thought she was singing about a bunch of girls who were staying out late past their bedtimes without their parents' permission."

Ironically, not that far from the truth.

Nice tributes to Summer, this post and the one before it. I agree with one of your other commenters that Summer almost epitomized the era of the '70s. As you said, the era would not have been the same without her.

JSusskind said...

I was about the same age, and I think I thought the same thing. I also thought "Sunset People" was about the surfers on Sunset Beach, but obviously I wasn't really paying attention to the lyrics.

Carole said...

Nice post. My favorite poem is One of Shelley's

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails