Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

A tv classic:

Above is from the very last episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Mary decided to end the show while it was still doing well in the ratings; however, the show's premise was beginning to get a little out-dated, and a woman making it on her own was less of a novelty than it was in 1970 when the show first aired, and women's lib wasn't quite as cosmopolitan. I think Mary's timing was pretty good, the show couldn't have stayed on top forever. Even today the show holds up pretty well. For sitcoms it was truly a masterpiece. There will never be another like it. It will always be one of my all-time faves. I really miss these guys.