Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

A tv classic:

Above is from the very last episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Mary decided to end the show while it was still doing well in the ratings; however, the show's premise was beginning to get a little out-dated, and a woman making it on her own was less of a novelty than it was in 1970 when the show first aired, and women's lib wasn't quite as cosmopolitan. I think Mary's timing was pretty good, the show couldn't have stayed on top forever. Even today the show holds up pretty well. For sitcoms it was truly a masterpiece. There will never be another like it. It will always be one of my all-time faves. I really miss these guys.

5 comments:

Janet said...

In those pre-VCR days, I "recorded" this last show by holding the microphone of my tape recorder up to the TV. Think I still have the tape somewhere . . . .

Caffeinated Joe said...

:)

Was a great one, that's for sure.

joe said...

Janet: I did that once to the land of the lost intro.

CJ: Yeah. Ted Knight's the only one that's not with us any more. The rest are still around.

david_b said...

My main regret about the last show is that, as far as I've ever seen in reruns, they have not shown the FINAL post-story bit (after Mary turns the lights out..) with Mary Tyler Moore coming out and introducing all her co-stars for a final bow.

I remember that vividly when the final episode actually aired, so hopefully that will be included on the final season DVD.

joe said...

I didn't watch the final episode because my folks weren't really into the show

Related Posts with Thumbnails