Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

1970 Pebbles and Bamm Bamm sip.along cups:

Had the Pebbles one, because I liked her yellow shirt with black triangles (plus, Bamm Bamm having white hair kind of freaked me out back then. White hair seems a little unnatural for an infant). I don't believe it was 1970 though, because I was only 2 years old then, and who really remembers anything when they were 2.... but it might've been '72. Basically, when you drank from the cup, somehow the beverage got sucked up Pebbles' and Bamm Bamm's straws at the same time, like you were drinking together, which totally makes sense because who really likes to drink alone...

8 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

OMG, I totally remember these! Thanks for, once again, making me smile at a great memory from my childhood. =)

joe said...

So did you have one of these? The pic is actually from a current ebay listing that has 18 days left. It could be yours for a buy-it-now of a mere $129.99
Of course, back then they were about 3 bucks...

Janet said...

Okay, you've finally come up with something I do not remember at ALL (I was born in 1964, so was okay with drinking alone by 1972). These strike me as slightly creepy, actually.

joe said...

Pebbles would get really annoyed when she thought I was drinking more than my half of the beverage. Once she got so upset she threatened to hide under my bed then kill me in my sleep in the middle of the night. Of course, if you asked her now, she'd probably deny it...

Janet said...

I always suspected Pebbles was kind of a bitch. :)

joe said...

Careful, Pebbles doesn't like to be disrespected. That makes Pebbles very angry

xstitchmumof2 said...

I was digging thru my old trunk full of toys yesterday at my mom's place and found my Pebbles sip along cup and "straw." Unfortunately the cup is long gone. Thanks for the great memories. I was about 8 or 9 when I got mine and my brother got the Bam Bam (1974-75).

joe said...

My folks got rid of all my old stuff. I'm just starting to get over it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails