Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Not quite what I was looking for, but it'll do:

I was doing a Google image search for "'70s Pixy Stix" and found the above ad from '64. I don't really remember "Lick 'M Aid", but I was addicted to Pixy Stix (especially the giant ones that were, like, 3 feet long. When you're only about 4 feet tall, they seem really huge). My folks didn't get them often for me, since by the time I finished one I was off-the-wall-hyper for the rest of the day, because basically Pixy Stix was like speed for kids. Or crack. I would've posted a pic of an actual Pixy Stix, but none from the '70s showed up. All I could find were pics of the newer ones. Once when I was about 5, I got on mom's bad side and she threw my Pixy Stix out the car window before I could eat it, and I got grounded for the rest of the day. I'm not sure what I did to deserve that, but mom was pretty easy going so I'm sure it was pretty bad..

3 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

How do you not remember Lick 'M Aid? They still make it, but now it's called Fun Dip. My son used to adore those when he was little. It's basically the sugar of a Pixie Stik in an envelope, and they give you a stick made out of sugar that you lick, and dip into the powder. Talk about making kids off the wall!!

Janet said...

Oh yeah, those Fun Dips were amazing. The stick was like chalk but you didn't even care.

joe said...

CTG: Now that you mention it I remember it as Fun Dip. I only had it a couple of times.

Janet: Actually I ate the sticks and didn't really get into the powder.. the sticks tasted like candy cigarettes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails