Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Not quite what I was looking for, but it'll do:

I was doing a Google image search for "'70s Pixy Stix" and found the above ad from '64. I don't really remember "Lick 'M Aid", but I was addicted to Pixy Stix (especially the giant ones that were, like, 3 feet long. When you're only about 4 feet tall, they seem really huge). My folks didn't get them often for me, since by the time I finished one I was off-the-wall-hyper for the rest of the day, because basically Pixy Stix was like speed for kids. Or crack. I would've posted a pic of an actual Pixy Stix, but none from the '70s showed up. All I could find were pics of the newer ones. Once when I was about 5, I got on mom's bad side and she threw my Pixy Stix out the car window before I could eat it, and I got grounded for the rest of the day. I'm not sure what I did to deserve that, but mom was pretty easy going so I'm sure it was pretty bad..