Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Gong Show:

Classic T.V. They just don't make 'em the way they used to, I'm afraid...
Click pic for a larger image.

12 comments:

CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Not that I consider The Gong Show a true game show, I guess technically it was, but I seem to remember quite a number of game shows back then, especially with "celebrity" judges.

gilligan said...

Another example of a show I'd like to see on DVD. Gene Gene the Dancing Machine, Anson Williams, JP Morgan, a coked up Berris, the unknown comic all having the time of their lives... and lost in the sands of time.

joe said...

Hey do you guys remember The $1.98 Beauty Show?? I think that one was produced by Barris also. It's amazing what that one man has contributed to society..

Cheer34 said...

I loved that show.....goofiness at it's best

joe said...

It was, but I don't think it could be done today. It wouldn't be the same.

CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I don't remember that one, not sure how I missed it. What time of day was it on?

joe said...

The winner would recieve a crown and a check for $1.98. It was hillarious.

teri said...

The gong show always cracked me and my cousins, up! they just don't make shows like that anymore.

teri said...

I remember that $1.98 show, Joe. The 70s were a hoot!

Chris said...

What a fun decade.

The Gong Show still exists... just in another format: we call them Reality Shows. Check out anything on VH1 and you've pretty much the same thing: a bunch of idiots make fools of themselves on national television... Except The Gong Show was more smarter and funnier.

joe said...

Teri: It's true, they don't. But then again most shows these days don't have coked-up hosts, either..

Chris: Give me The Gong Show over American Idol any day.

Redsoxfan said...

I wavered between loving and hating this show, some parts were so funny but I did not like the host barry whatever and JP morgan needed to get a real job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails