Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Friday, February 06, 2009

True story:

While it's true I had the above lunchbox, this post isn't about that.
In the mid-70's, at the height of his career, Evel Kneivel planned a jump everyone knew he couldn't make. The landing strip was far too short for the length of jump he had to cross. But he had a packed audience, so he went ahead with it anyway. He made the jump, but when he landed, he couldn't stop in time, and crashed into a wall.
Broke every bone in his body.
As he was laying there, half-conscious because of the pain, his manager was kneeling beside him saying "Why, Evel??? Why didn't you just call it off??". And Evel looked up at him and said: "What, and give 'em their money back???"
I laughed my ass off when I heard that.