Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Just sayin':

My folks would have never allowed this in our home...

10 comments:

Cheer34 said...

that is so ugly....avocado green was my mom's choice of color

CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I think we had the yellow (as shown) but the neighbors had the green ...

joe said...

We had green.
Man did we have green.
Like, everywhere....

Chris said...

"tasteful...."? Yeesh.

Yeah, we had the avocado green kitchen. I can remember when my mom painted all the cabinets to match. I remember thinking it was SO attractive. Then, in the 80's it was painted white and I thought the clean lines were even better. I think back on that kitchen and think "what a crap-hole".

joe said...

Hahaha. Yes, "tasteful".
That's what they say...

Marjorie said...

I hear avocado is making a comeback....

Anonymous said...

I just salvaged some 1969 original cabinets and green countertops. Can't wait to finish the install in my new house! Got my mushroom canisters to boot!

joe said...

When you finish take a pic and I'll post it

Anonymous said...

You definitely look like Bobby Brady in that pic! Unfortunately, we didn't have the green, but I still remember my dad putting up the dark wood wall paneling.

joe said...

Was there any home that wasn't spared from that dark paneling????

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails