Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Does anyone else remember...

... the episode of The Partridge Family, when Laurie had gotten braces, and one day the family was rehearsing in the garage and Laurie was "off" while playing the keyboard. And when they asked her about it she said she was "hearing music in her head", and it turns out her braces were picking up radio signals from somewhere else??? When I was a teenager I had to get braces, and I had remembered that episode hoping it would happen to me. And I used to hold my head near the radio hoping I could pick something up, but it never happened. Talk about a major let-down..

11 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I really liked Laurie because she was just pretty enough --- not glamour queen pretty, but pretty enough to think that she might be a friend in school. (Plus she had that hunky brother!)

Retro Hound said...

That's the ONLY episode I remember.

joe said...

Sandy / Doris: She kept her looks as she got older. When she played "Grace" on LA Law she was still a looker.

RH: I also remember the episode when a skunk got on the bus and everyone got sprayed and had to take a tomato juice bath.

ChiTown Girl said...

I absolutely remember that episode. Actually, that's kinda funny cuz I was never a big Partridge Family fan, and didn't really watch it regularly, the way I did with The Brady Bunch.

joe said...

I think those two shows appealed to two distinct audiences. They were completely different shows. I don't know many who liked both, they either liked one or the other.

lazlo1988 said...

I remember the episode you mentioned, and also the one where Marsha got braces in The Brady Bunch. It seems that in both episodes, braces were a cause of great teenage trauma.

Blast from the Past said...

Well - Susan Dey was one of my childhood crushes. I mean, really, who didn't have a crush on her? It was obvious that she wasn't a singer, but who cared about that?

I never did get into watching her on LA Law, but she's still beautiful

Sunnydaze said...

LOL. I remember that episode.

joe said...

Lazlo: That Brady Bunch episode is also the one where we learned Marcia's favorite meal is spaghetti.

Blast: Sorry, I was strictly a Marcia lover

Sunny: Since I couldn't pick up radio signals with mine I was sure I was doing something wrong...

Debbie said...

I LIVED for the Partridge Family - was madly in love with David Cassidy LOL.

joe said...

So did you have the board game and the lunch box?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails