Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

So how many of you out there had...

... Spirograph? I did but it was never really my "thing". Alot of kids loved it, though. Sometimes friends would come over and we'd use it but mostly it just sat in the box. I much preferred Lite Brite than Spirograph, but that's just me. I never had the multi-color pen, btw, but then again you can't have everything...

8 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I LOVED my Spirograph!!! And, I DID have the multi-colored pens. :) I loved my Lite Brite, too.

I actually bought my husband a Spirograph for Christmas one year, not long after we were married, because he never had one as a kid. Believe it or not, we actually sat there and played with it like two little kids.

When our son was old enough, we let him play with it, but like you, he never really loved it.

Jack said...

My daughter had both toys, and seemed to prefer LiteBrite, largely because the Spirograph wheel would always seem to pop out the frame just before you were finished. LiteBrite is long gone, though, and she still has her Spirograph, which in now enjoyed on occasion by her neices (our granddaughters).

Nice post, great memories...

JSusskind said...

I wanted a Spirograph and a Lite Brite, but I never got either. My parents were really cheap.

joe said...

CTG & Jack: The only downside with Lite Brite was that they never gave you enough of the colors to make decent pics. Just sayin'

joe said...

JSuss: Well as far as I'm concerned, you didn't miss out on much with the Spirograph.

Dex1138 said...

The multi-color pen was essential to making trippy Spirograph designs

joe said...

Like Jack's kid, I always had a problem with the wheel popping out of the frame before I was done..

Sunnydaze said...

I had Spirograph and Super Spirograph but I could only make the simple designs and not the massive ones where you actually had to build the frame. I can still see the tiny red push pins that came with it now. Imagine selling a toy that comes with actual pins today...

I had LiteBrite too. Remember the song? "LiteBright, makin' things with light...Outta sight makin' things with LiteBrite..."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails