Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Misc. Remembrance:

I really hate shopping, especially clothes shopping. Even more so when I was a kid and mom would take me clothes shopping for back to school, etc. I couldn't wait to get out of those stores. Basically the conversation would go something like the following:

Mom: "How about this shirt? It'd look great on you."

Me: "Fine. I'll take it. Let's go."

Mom: "And how about these pants??? They'd go great with that shirt."

Me: "Fine. Great. Let's go."

Mom: "Oh and look at these great shoes, they're just perfect for that outfit."

Me: "Okay already. Let's go."

Mom: "Oh and look at this rack over here, I didn't see that before. Here honey, take these 4 shirts into the dressing room and try them all on."

Me: "I like 'em all. Let's go"...

6 comments:

Jack said...

Yup . . .

joe said...

Is that what you did too?

Jack said...

Yeah - boring as opera. Just kill me, and get it over with.

joe said...

Haha

Sunnydaze said...

Girls on the other hand loved school shopping. Nothing like the smell of new Nikes.

joe said...

Mom would've rather taken you shopping. When she was pregnant with my brother she was secretly hoping for a girl, but she got what she got..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails