Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

"Santa Maria" by Trooper:

With only fear and good judgement holding us back, we sailed out on the Northern Sea with a boatload of crazy people (including the shotgun and me). "Does anybody know how to drive this thing?", yelled the Captain as he fell to his knees, "I think I mighta had a little too much today, take me to my cabin please". Cruisin' on a sardine boat loaded with crazy people. And we shall be the Santa Maria looking for a brave new world. The First Mate shouted from the crow's nest: "I think I might see land out there". Nobody moved from where they were laying, 'cause nobody really cared. Cruisin' on a sardine boat loaded with crazy people. And we shall be the Santa Maria looking for a brave new world.

4 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I loved that song. Thanks for the memory!

joe said...

The local radio station up here plays it from time to time. They also play another one by Trooper. I'm not sure of the title but it says "Have a good time, the sun can't shine every day". They were a good group, but I didn't know about them back in the day.

Jenny said...

I found your site from Jack's Hideout. I am a seventies child "77" to be exact and your site really brings back fond memories. Keep doing what your doing. If you want to, take a look at my blog. :)

joe said...

'77, a great year indeed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails