Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Random Find:

Remember these? I've posted about Herbal Essence and Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific, but I'd forgotten about the others. I can still hear the Faberge commercial: "You'll tell your friends and they'll tell their friends and they'll tell their friends too". That's gonna be stuck in my head all day now..

13 comments:

Creepy Glowbugg said...

What about Prell?
My Dad used that and I would get in trouble cause I'd waste a bunch of it in the shower cause it was green and had bubbles and looked cool. TMI?

joe said...

I did a couple of posts on Prell. My folks loved Prell. I have a pic of the old Prell in the tube on my footer.
TMI??? Not at all ;^)

Sunnydaze said...

I remember all of these. i totally forgot about the Faberge until I saw this pic - what a flashback!

I liked Agree shampoo, too. It smelled so good. Another shampoo thing in the 70's was strawberry scented shampoo...and strawberry perfume.

Janet said...

I think we used Prell, but the jingle that has stuck in my head all these years is for Farrah Fawcett Shampoo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYurPjSRTss

SkylersDad said...

I remember the Short N Sassy commercials on TV!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I was a "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific" user but only because I couldn't buy "Breck" where I lived. Those "Breck" girls were sooooo gorgeous!

joe said...

Sunny: My only complaint with strawberry shampoo was that you couldn't drink it.... it smelled so tasty......

Janet: I'm on dial-up so I'm afraid it would take forever to load. maybe next time i'm at the library i'll check it out

Janet said...

I wouldn't bother -- it's just Farrah riding a bicycle and tossing her shining hair. And an ear-worm jingle.

I think Dorothy Hamill the figure skater used to shill for Short N Sassy.

joe said...

SD: For some reason I don't remember that one.. My memory must be slipping....

Sandy / Doris: I don't know, mom was stuck on Prell so that's all we had

joe said...

Damn ear worm...

ChiTown Girl said...

We were just talking about Herbal Essence the other night! How funny that you would post about it!

Every year, "Santa" would put trial-sized bottles of Agree in our stockings. My sister and I LOVED it!

I believe the catch phrase was, "You tell TWO friends, and they'll tell TWO friends, and so on and so on..."

I had forgotten about Short N Sassy!! That was me, back in the day! I always had the Dorothy Hamill wedge cut. :)

Justin S. Davis said...

It wasn't until Sunnydaze's post that I remembered both the strawberry shampoo AND the lighter-colored, pink strawberry conditioner. My mom and sister used those for YEARS. And they made me lament that real strawberries didn't smell/taste like the product (I've since come to my senses).

Who made them, anyhow? I can still see the bottles in my mind, but can't for the life of me remember the brand.

joe said...

CTG: We always had agree conditioner. I remember those little booklets that came attached to the bottles

Justin: Alot of companies made strawberry shampoo. I used to wish they'd make a strawberry shampoo-flavored gum

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails