Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Back to school:

Tuesday the kids around here start their first day of school. I used to really hate going clothes shopping, but I loved getting school supplies (for the record, I never had a Donny Osmond or David Cassidy notebook. I swear).

10 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

I vaguely remember outlining the pockets and seams of my Levi's with bright coloured wool. Was that a David Cassidy thing?
Probably 1972 or 1973.

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

I loved getting my new notebooks. Wish I had the David Cassidy one now :)

joe said...

SP: Um, I'm really not sure what kind of "thing" you'd call that.. but hey if it made you happy that's okay with me ;^)

Robin: You had one back then?? I had a Mead "Data Center". It had a hot-air balloon on it. Circa '78.

Amy, Woman Exploding said...

I think I was rocking David's little 1/2 bro, Sean Cassidy!

sunnydaze said...

I never knew about these. I would have liked to have the David Cassidy one.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Oh the good ole days!
<><

joe said...

Amy: I really wish you hadn't told me that. I was really starting to look up to you. Well, I'll let this one slide, this time.

Sunny: Well good luck trying to pry it out of that chick's arms..

Noe: I can't believe '70 was 40 years ago. It just doesn't seem possible.

blueroc85 said...

WOw.....we went back the 4th of August her in KY! As a teacher I wish we had that long of a summer break!

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh my hell, I HAD that Donny Osmond binder!! Wow, talk about a flashback!

joe said...

Blue: When I lived in Florida we went back around that time. I guess it's a Southern thing.

Chitown: ;^)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails