Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, September 03, 2010

Misc. remembrance:

It was around 1975, and I was over at a friend's house on a Saturday morning. He had a sister named Kim. We were all playing in a room, and his mom entered the room and said "Kim, I want you to hang the laundry out on the line for me". Kim starts to cry and says "But mom, it's my only day off!". And his mom said "Well I wish I had a day off!!!!". I remember looking at the mom and thinking "Man, how unreasonable..."

4 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Oh yeah...I remember those days too!
<><

Wings said...

Funny how time can change perspective, eh?

Wings said...

Had to leave a second comment to get the follow ups. So uh, have a great weekend!

blueroc85 said...

My grandma ALWAYS used a clothesline, weather permitting. I think its a lost art these days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails