Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Gruesomes:




C got me thinking about these guys. They were part of The Flintstones. I always liked monster familys (The Munsters, Addams Family, etc.). The Gruesomes were obviously based on Sonny & Cher, down to the wife's squeaky voice and large nose. For the longest time I thought they were "The Weirdly's", but it turns out Weirdly is the husband's name. I forget the other names.

8 comments:

Wings said...

Always liked them. And I thought they appeared more than they did!

Mnmom said...

Hanna Barbera stuff always gave me a headache. I could never understand why Wilma (aka Trixie) never told Fred (aka Ralph) to just take his nasty attitude and shove it.

joe said...

Let me guess.. you're having a bad day...

sunnydaze said...

What a flashback! Good times...

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Hey Joe: I forgot these guys, good post!

joe said...

Sunny, Jim & Wings:
I remember Mrs. Gruesome was in tears because Wilma unintentionally insulted her by saying her home was "lovely"..

Anonymous said...

Aka...."Alice" for Wilma.....not Trixie!

joe said...

Yeah Betty Rubble was the Trixie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails