Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Merlin:

Anyone remember Merlin? I got one for the Christmas of 1978. I played with this thing for hours. I used to love hand-held electronic games. Back then they were very "cutting edge", but now I can't help but think how primitive they all really were. Well, I'd still play it.. but maybe not for hours anymore...

19 comments:

Porky said...

Funny how things change. You can see the process of development, but in many ways it's a different world.

Erick said...

I had Merlin when I was a kid. Loved it! They rereleased a smaller version a couple of years ago. My wife bought me one for Christmas.

Ally said...

i remember this! my aunt or uncle had it!

Marissa said...

I almost forgot about Merlin. It was addicting.

joe said...

Everyone: I've mentioned Merlin to a few people, and I never knew how many people actually remember this one.

Sans Pantaloons said...

I bought one of these as a Christmas present for my nephew. I'm pretty sure I kept it for myself.

joe said...

Can't blame you for that one

Blast from the Past said...

I totally remember these, but I never have touched one nor I even know exactly how they work.

joe said...

It was really fun. you missed out.

teri said...

I remember it, as well. Those were the first electronics, so the stuff they have now, is just a better version of the stuff we had when we were kids.

joe said...

In most cases not better, though. Even when they make replicas of the stuff we had, it's still not as good.

Jerasphere said...

i remember Merlin. my favorite was the box game. if memory serves me right, it was game #5

joe said...

You've got a better memory than I. It's funny how I played it so often I could do those games in my sleep, now I don't remember anything about them.

blueroc85 said...

My parents had merlin. I remember playing with it....I wonder what happened to it. They also had an LED electronic baseball game that beeped.

joe said...

I did a post on that game (baseball). Alot of people had it.

Caroline Bender said...

I got WICKIT good at Merlin.

joe said...

By the end of the first month I had this game wired.

Dr. Sleep said...

i have one! i'm a sucker for all those old games i had as a kid. thrift store if you can believe it..

joe said...

I couldn't get enough of electronic hand-held games when I was a kid.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails