Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, January 24, 2011

The Pepsi Challenge:

This ad campaign started around 1975, and ran up until the early '80s. There would be 2 cups of soda on the counter (Coke and Pepsi), and the participant would take a sip from each and try to guess which was which (they were always wrong, btw). I used to think if I took the challenge I'd be able to guess which was which, but then they wouldn't have put me on tv, so I didn't pursue it..

6 comments:

Kal said...

I annoyed the hell out of the girl by picking right all the time. In glass bottles you can always tell or at least I can. One time she actually took the button 'I took the Pepsi Challenge' away from me.

ChiTown Girl said...

I took the Pepsi Challenge, and won. :) I've always been a Coke girl, so I can tell in an instant when I'm drinking that other swill.

Blast from the Past said...

I was a coke guy for the longest time, but I've been a Pepsi fanatic since about '85. I always thought I could easily tell the difference, but I only ever got it right about 50% of the time.

Oh, well! I have cut way back on how much pop I drink - and that's a very good thing!

joe said...

Kal: Wow, harsh

Chi: So do you still have the button?? Or a t-shirt??

Blast: I think most people know the difference. I think the people who got it wrong lied so they could be on tv.

Sunnydaze said...

I loved these commercials. I'm definitely a Pepsi girl. :D

joe said...

I prefer Coke, but I don't really drink soda anymore. The older I guess the less I like sweet things. I'd take a cup of coffee over soda any day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails