Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Annual ritual:

I always looked forward to the seasonal Peanuts Specials. I don't know who I felt the most sorry for: Charlie Brown for getting rocks in his bag, or Sally wasting her whole night in the pumpkin patch with Linus. One of the things I liked about the stories were the fact that the parents were never around. Unlike mine.....

8 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

The Thanksgiving special is even worse, parents-wise. The kids are freaking throwing their own meal!

joe said...

Popcorn and jelly beans...

lazlo1988 said...

"Sally wasting her whole night in the pumpkin patch with Linus."

Don't say that!!! The great pumpkin is real, I tell you!! Real!!

But yeah, its kinda cool (or maybe unsettling, actually) that the parents aren't ever around and the little kids seem to be existing independently. Even when Charlie Brown went to the big city for his spelling bee, he was all alone!

joe said...

The kids seemed to be able to stay out as late as they wanted. Seems like sometimes they didn't get home 'til midnight. I had to be in bed by 9.

Sunnydaze said...

I still watch this every year. So cozy and cute! :)

joe said...

Remember how they always used to advertise Dolly Madison snack cakes during Peanuts specials?

Sunnydaze said...

OMG! Yes! I totally remember the Dolly Madison commercials!!! :D Weird that we were both watching this stuff as little kids at the same time in different states and didn't know each other and now here we are talking about it 30-some years later. Thanks for the memories!

joe said...

I remember trying a Dolly Madison once but I didn't like it. I was always a Hostess fan, myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails