Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Erma Bombeck:

I'm not sure when the above came out but I'm guessing mid '70s. My folks had the above. I liked the cover because of the cherries, and the fact that the dog looked like the woman. I never read any of Erma's books back in the day because I was too young to appreciate her humor. In the mid '90s I read her book "When You Start To Look Like Your Passport Photo It's Time To Go Home" and I loved it. I remember one passage where she wrote something like: "Before one of our trips to Africa, I spent a month shopping for the right blouse to wear to church, only to end up in a village where women attend topless". I think Erma passed away a few years ago, which is a shame. Seems the good ones are always taken from us too soon.