Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bizarre '70s toys:

The 1978 Marla Gibbs doll. Complete with disco evening wear. I don't know how many children wanted to role play as a sarcastic, insubordinate black maid / disco queen, but I'm guessing not many.

7 comments:

Jaggerfan1 said...

Oh man, how cool.I'd buy that! Mainly cuz I'm a fan of anything 1960s and 1970s

joe said...

That's a current ebay listing

Caffeinated Joe said...

Hey, I bet some kids got it. Not sure if they liked it, but...

Sunnydaze said...

I never knew this thing existed.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

This is priceless! I never knew.

Caroline Bender said...

damn, that's HOT! Now I want the whole Jefferson's family playset!!

joe said...

All: I didn't know about it either until recently. I wonder how many kids got these, and I also wonder how many actually asked for them

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails