Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Random:

Christmas 1974 my folks gave me a Howdy Doodie ventriloquist dummy. It was the ugliest thing I'd ever seen. I never tried ventriloquism with it, instead I used to throw him down the stairs. Finally I threw him a little hard and his head came off. He got thrown out that day. There's not really much more to tell..

12 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh my freakin' hell!!! Someone should have called Child Protective Services on them! Who the hell gives a child a scary thing like that?!!?

Karen said...

Ha! Best story ever!
One year for Christmas, my parents bought me a Baby Chrissy doll. It was as big as me and was the most frightening thing I had ever seen. She lived with the other unwanted toys in the basement until I was brave enough as a young adult to put her in a garbage bag and throw her in the dumpster. I saw one for sale at a flea market a couple of weeks ago and got a real shudder up my spine. Couldn't help but think she had come back to 'get me!' http://crissyandbeth.com/photos/Aldens74BabyCrissy.jpg

joe said...

Do you ladies remember Poltergeist and the clown doll???

Karen said...

Arrgh! That movie scarred me for life!

joe said...

In 2nd grade a girl came to school with her baby Crissy. While she was holding the doll, another of my classmates was chasing her around the room with a pair of scissors in her hand, threatening to chop off the doll's ponytail.

Sunnydaze said...

These dolls are totally creepy. The clown doll from Poltergeist was the worst! Remember the ventriliquist doll that came to life on The Twilight Zone? And Talking Tina? CREEPY! More creepy to watch it in black and white.

joe said...

I had a black Ventriloquist dummy called Lester. I lost him several years ago when I was moving around alot. He had a yellow-ochre corderoy shirt.

Brooks Rownd said...

I was given a (hand-me-down) Mortimer Snerd that looked similar. What the hell were they thinking? Snerd always scared me, and didn't survive to see 1978.

joe said...

I remember that one. It wasn't as evil-looking as Howdy.
Now that I remember, on The Exorcist, Linda Blair's character was communicating with a "Mr. Howdy" through the ouija board. Creepy.

joe said...

... or was it "Captain Howdy"...

Robert said...

I had one of these... It never freaked me out because it had this string in the back of his neck and you had to grab his bead to turn his head. What freaked me out more was the ventriloquist dummy on Fantasy Island. However the one on Zapped, didn't scare me as much...

joe said...

The one that freaked me out the most was the one in the movie Magic with anthony hopkins. what a creepy puppet..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails