Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Back in the day:



Circa 1973, dad used to drink Schlitz beer. But unlike the above ad, if he wanted a beer he'd have to get it himself (my mom wasn't no at-home waitress). I'm not sure if they sell it any more. I never drank the stuff myself (being 5 years old at the time), but I've heard it was pretty bad.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Ha! Schlitz! My hubby and I purchased a six pack of this a while back "just to try it" (we couldn't refuse the $4.99 price tag, either).

All I can say kids is: SWILL WATER.

Thank you.

joe said...

Wow that is bad

Sunnydaze said...

Everyone I knew would always say "Schlitz gives you the shitz". LOL

joe said...

Not that there's any relevance, but the anti-spam word below is "pasta"

SkylersDad said...

That was some of the worst tasting beer ever.

Brooks Rownd said...

My dad drank Red, White & Blue beer - remember that stuff from the 70's?

My grandfather still has an enduring love for Hamm's. I loved their commercials when I was a kid.

joe said...

Dad: With all these bad reviews, I'm remembering the episode of Laverne and Shirley when Shirley's supervisor got her drunk on "skunky beer" so he could take advantage of her...

Brooks: No, never heard of it (red white and blue). Never heard of Hamm's either for some reason.

Mike said...

Hmmmm, looks like this desperate housewife has been spending her summer afternoons making her teenaged lawnboy very happy...

joe said...

happily worn out

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails