Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Bermuda Triangle game:

In the mid '70s, The Bermuda Triangle was a hot topic. There were several TV specials on the subject. "In Search Of" did an episode on the subject. I really didn't know what it was at the time, and quite frankly I'm still a little vague on the whole thing, but whatever. In '75 they even came out with a game about it. A neighbor had it and I played it once, but mostly we'd just set up the ships on the board and have the cloud devour them. Sometimes I found board games are the most fun when you make up your own rules...

14 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I only vaguely remember this game, but I DO remember that the Bermuda Triangle was a hot topic back in the day. I went on a cruise right after I graduated from high school, and I seriously couldn't get that out of my mind. :( Yes, I know, I'm a dork!

joe said...

Chi Town a dork??? No way.

Caffeinated Joe said...

I remember the Bermuda Triangle being big, too. As well as Bigfoot. And the face on Mars.

Justin S. Davis said...

And don't forget Satanism.

Man. The 70s RULED.

joe said...

CJ: I forgot about the Mars face

Justin: It was a great time to be a kid. Except the Satanism part. Never interested me. I'm a Jesus fan myself.

Sunnydaze said...

Did you catch the retro shows that have been showing on the History channel? This past weekend I watched on on the 60's (don't remember the name) and there was one on the 70's called 70's Fever. They were an hour long documentary-style. Very interesting. Brings back alot of memories.

joe said...

I didn't because I don't have a television. Haven't had one in decades. I bet they were good though

Lone Wolf said...

Holy crap! I had totally forgotten about this game...thanks for posting.

joe said...

You're welcome ;^)

Caroline Bender said...

MUST HAVE THIS. brilliant find, Joe

joe said...

I wonder what they go for on ebay these days

Alan said...

I had totally forgotten about this one! I thunk there were magnets other bottom of the could, and that's how it picked up the ships. Speaking of In Search Of, it was just released on DVD last year.

Alan said...

Damn autocorrect. I meant to say "I think there were magnets on the bottom of the cloud." (Sigh)

joe said...

I hate autocorrects. They're wrong half the time

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails