Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Fisher Price little people:

I had a few dozen back in the day, as well as the schoolhouse, the castle, the airplane, and the farmhouse. I didn't have the garage, even though my folks keep telling me I did. Well they're wrong, I didn't. Most of the little people I had were wood, until around '74 when they switched to plastic. They often ended up in my mouth, and for some reason I had a habit of chewing the little girls' pigtails off. None of my girls managed to keep their pigtails. I don't know why. Just one of those habits, I guess..

8 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I loved these! And, I love the new (?) picture of you above the post.

joe said...

Yeah I just put it up there yesterday. That was taken in New Hampshire. I was thinking about the song "changes" and realized I had that pic of me in the stream

Dex1138 said...

My parents brought some stuff up one time when they came to visit. Among the stuff was the Holiday Inn, a couple of the cars as well as a wood knight and the dragon from the castle set.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

my pal Mary has a couple totes full of these -we got them out this spring & played with them! ...two 39 yr. olds, playin' with little people :D she had the boat, castle, camper, all kinds of cars/animals/people, and a couple houses- including a beautiful A-frame :)

Caffeinated Joe said...

I had these, too. Played with them many times over the years. The newer ones have no magic to them.

joe said...

Dex: I loved the cars. I used to drive them off the couch like they were crashing off a cliff. I wasn't always kind to my little people

SDTB: I liked the A-Frame. Never heard of a camper

CJ: I think children's toys were the best when they were potential choking hazards

Sunnydaze said...

LMAO cause I chewed the hair off too! Are we weird or what? :D

joe said...

Haha I guess so ;^)
Come to think of it, I don't recall any of the others having chewable parts

Related Posts with Thumbnails