Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

That kid's got my bike....

The above picture isn't me, but I had the exact same bike. I also typed in "1974", so the above pic was taken just about the time I had my bike (without the training wheels). It even had the number 4 between the handlebars, but I took it off. He even looks my age. That bike could ride over anything. It was probably one of the first mountain bikes I know of. Those were the days..

12 comments:

Some Guy said...

Is that the Huffy Pro Thunder? I always wanted one. Instead I had a hand-me-down Schwinn Fastback. It was yellow with a banana seat and had five speeds. My bike could ride over pavement and that was about it. Lame.

joe said...

It is the pro thunder. It's the one i had. It was an excellent ride. I had it for a few years until i outgrew it.

joe said...

.. and having a bike was crucial when i'd stay at the campgrounds with my family in the summers. All the kids had bikes. If you had a bike, it was easy to find kids to hang with for the week. If you didn't have a bike, you were on your own..

joe said...

... and heaven knows I didn't want to be hanging around with those losers for a whole week...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

If that was you I would never say this...but..."NICE training wheels buddy."

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

A bike was everything when I was a kid. I lived on a safe military base and if you had a bike it was like having a car before you had a driver's license. In the summer we would ride all night and have the base police chase us, choosing our routes carefully since they knew the base as well as we did. Good Times.

joe said...

Good times indeed!

Sunshinemeg said...

There is something about riding your bike when you are a kid that makes you feel so free. The neighborhood kids used to take sidewalk chalk and draw towns to drive around. There was even a McDonald's and you could pedal through the drive thru! Miss riding bikes like that.

joe said...

I always wanted to live within biking distance of a McDonald's when i was a kid. But even if there was one, there's no way my folks would've let me go there on a bike as a kid.
Plus the fact that I never had any money..

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

i remember that bike. the pre BMX bike. gotta love the extra padding in the plush seat.

joe said...

I really miss that thing sometimes.

sunnydaze said...

They had these in pink, too. I wanted one, but no dice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails